Friday, March 18, 2011

Walmarts NEW coupon policy in action!!!

If you have ever talked to me about couponing, you know that I am NOT a big fan of Walmart.  I have had many a problem with using coupons at "the mart" and have actually gotten into a heated argument with management over coupons (not one of my most proud moments, it was a really bad day..... ) THANKFULLY, walmart has issued a NEW coupon policy that is super awesome!!!  If you are planning on coupon shopping at walmart I advise you print a copy of the policy found HERE.  With the new policy you are able to use a coupon that exceeds the amount of the product and apply the remaining $ to the rest of your purchases!!!  SWEET!


I thought I would try this out today since I needed some makeup and had some coupons I knew would net me an overage.  Below is what I got:

2-Gain liquid fabric softners                 $4.18 each
1-80ct. Gain dryer sheets                       $3.12
3-Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets                $.97 each
1-Loreal True Match Foundation           $7.00
1-Fleece sweatshirt (for my Jack-Jack)  Marked down to $3!!

TOTAL before COUPONS:      $24.39

Total After Coupons:        $4.39!!!!!!!     (all prices are Pre-tax)
Since the Purex 3-in-1 sheets were priced at $.97, I used (3) $3/1 coupon that netted me a $6.09 overage to apply to my other items!!!  I will DEFINATELY be shopping at walmart again! 

****I have spoken with people who are STILL having an issue with cashiers/managers at Walmart regarding overages.  PLEASE remember to print off the policy and have it with you just in case you run into any issues!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Kate!!! Can I just go shopping with YOU at Walmart.???? LOL!! /s/Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, you are awesome! I went today and grabbed a few similar items but didn't have multiple coupons so I didn't do nearly as well as you! I did get hassled about the overage and luckily I did have the coupon policy with me so what could he say to that! lol My question is how did you know the 3 in 1 would ring up at .97 cents when they were marked for 4.95? ~Maria

    ReplyDelete