Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 3 of the $8/day challenge!

I was trying to make it today with spending nothing since I know that eventually I will need the overage for produce or gas.  Unfortunately, that was not the case.

I started the morning off with a coffee from Starbucks.  I was running late to my first clients this morning and knew I could not make it without a cup of coffee :)  Luckily I always carry empty starbucks bags (starbucks coffee that you buy at the grocery store) in my glove compartment.  If you read the side of the bags it tells you that you can take your bag into a Starbucks and trade the empty bag in for a coffee! 
TOTAL FOR MY MORNING COFFEE: $0

I arrived home about 1pm and wanted to throw dinner into the crockpot.  I decided on Chicken Fiesta Soup because i knew I had most of the ingredients and it will last us about 3 days!!! (Check out the recipe...it is SO easy and SO delicious!!)  After reading through the ingredients I realized i did not have any Enchilada sauce...DANGIT!  I had to head out to the store and pick up my missing ingredient!
TOTAL SPENT ON SUPPER:$2.59

While I was out grabbing the Enchilada sauce, I decided to stop and buy an extra paper from last Sunday.  I try and get AT LEAST 4 copies of the Sunday paper's coupon inserts and last week I only got 3.  This may sound extreme, but this is one of the reasons I have such an amazing stockpile of "goods" and a MAJOR contributing factor of how my family can live on $8/day!!
TOTAL SPENT ON PAPER:$1.00

TOTAL SPENT DAY 3:  $3.59 ( Rollover of $4.41...Total rollover $9.81!)

Tip of the day: When planning your meals, try and think of meals that are hearty, healthy and that will feed you for more than one meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment