Thursday, March 24, 2011

$8/day challenge DAY 2!

Day 2 of the $8/day challenge was quite interesting.  You see, it is currently March Madness..that would be the crazy time of year where Basketball is life.  Dusty informed me that there were some AMAZING games on tonight and wanted some pizza and beer for dinner (this must have been thought over a LOT considering he asked this LAST night!)  Usually this would be A-OK, but considering we JUST started this challenge I knew I would have to be creative :)..... 
A few months ago, I purchased a $10 Papa Murphy's gift card for $5 from a  daily deal website Plumdistrict.  I still had this little guy laying around and thought that this was the perfect time to use it!  Now that the pizza was figured out, I had to figure out the beer dilemma.  Although this challenge is all about going without, my husband works VERY hard to provide for this family and deserves a nice adult beverage now and again.  After much discussion we agreed on this:
That ladies and gentlemen is a F.O.R.T.Y....40 oz. Bud light. 
TOTAL for pizza and beer: $3.27 (That is NOT including the gift card....and I still have $4 left on the gc!!!)

Since I am TRYING to get back in shape,  I opted NOT to partake in the pizza party.  Instead, I decided on a salad...Unfortunately for me, we had no lettuce!!!  Thankfully, I had a coupon for a FREE bag of Dole lettuce.  One of the perks of shopping at King Soopers ALL the time is that they occasionally send you coupons for free items.  I thoroughly enjoyed my salad, especially since it was free :)
TOTAL SPENT: $0


TOTAL SPENT DAY 2: $3.27 (rollover of $4.73 + .67 (from yesterday)= $5.40 total rollover

Tip of the day: Daily Deal websites offer some amazing deals for things you use in your everyday life.  Take advantage of the ones you KNOW you will USE and opt not to purchase the ones that sound "cool"..... BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A FUTURE POST HIGHLIGHTING MY FAVORITE DAILY DEAL WEBSITES!

1 comment: