Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 4.....

As you will see by the picture below, today's purchases were quite random!

I woke up this morning already knowing what I WANTED to spend our $8 on.  You see, my wonderful husband was just promoted at work and this was his FIRST Saturday having weekends OFF!  It has been a LONG two years of "husbandless" weekends and I am praising God that all his hard work has paid off and he was recognized for his dedication to his job. I wanted to make a nice dinner and buy a few bottles of wine to celebrate having him home on a SATURDAY night.  As I was heading out the door, $8 in hand I remembered that little Luke was OUT OF DIAPERS!!!  You see, my little guy was almost completely potty trained, even through the night (or so I thought) but lately has been peeing through everything MULTIPLE times a night!!!! ARGHHHH!  I had been using pull-ups, which are much less absorbent then regular diapers.  I knew I was going to have to dip into our "rollover" money just for my own personal sanity! (washing sheets twice a day is stressful!)

I scrolled through the weekly ads and noticed huggies were on sale at Walgreens for $7.99.  There is also a new $3 off ANY size package of Huggies coupon HERE and i knew I had $4 in Walgreens Register Rewards that I had to use by tomorrow!  So, with my coupons in hand, Luke and I headed out on our shopping trip!  We walked into walgreens and on a very nice display table was a can of raisins which Luke quickly grabbed (more like a death grip) and screamed "ME HAVE, ME HAVE" over and over again.  Most mothers would be happy that their two year old wanted a healthy snack and didn't run for the candy bars...I on the other hand was concerned with the price of said healthy snack.  Thank goodness they were on sale for $2, I could work with that!  We walked up to the register with the diapers and raisins....Total before coupons $10.69
TOTAL SPENT (after coupon and register rewards): $3.28

Since I had saved so much at Walgreens on my "must buy items" I thought it was appropriate to fulfill my original plan and head to Total Beverage and buy some wine!  I must tell you,  I try to be frugal in every aspect of my life...that includes liquor store purchases!  I located the "bargain cart" full of discounted wine and quickly found some AWESOME deals.  I picked up two bottles of wine, one was originally priced at $10.98 marked down to $2.98!!!  The next bottle was a Syrah marked down to $3.98.
TOTAL SPENT FOR 2 BOTTLES OF WINE: $6.96
****We are not brand specific on anything and trying new wines is always exciting...even if they are from the bargain cart!!!*****

TOTAL SPENT DAY 4: $10.24  (we used $2.24 of our rollover...New Rollover amount $7.57)

~~~I was feeling a little guilty about ALREADY using our rollover money (especially seeing as though I WILL need gasoline sometime this week and recently passed by a station and saw a $3.44/gallon sign..yikes!) but quickly remembered that we deserve little indulgences now and again!~~~


Tip of the day:  Don't deprive yourself of life's little pleasures, just find some creative ways to do so frugally! 
****If anyone needs me, I will be on my couch enjoying a glass of wine :)  ****

3 comments:

  1. Kate.....you ROCK once again!! /s/ beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I'm going to talk to TLC to offer you a show! And please move to Chicago so you can help me live on $8 a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thy-Bird...I will gladly come to Chicago and wheel and deal with you!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete