Friday, April 1, 2011

DAY 10: $8/day challenge, a little yummy in my tummy...

Today I caved and stopped to pick up lunch.   I was TRYING to only eat at home for the duration of the challenge, BUT today Chipolte sounded amazing (and fast...I was on a time crunch).  So, I did what any other crazy person living on eight dollars a day would do...I searched for a coupon and headed to get some burritos!  I found a buy1 get1 coupon which made my very hungry husband happy and purchased our lunch. 
Total for my burrito bowl and his burrito with coupon: $6.40 (rollover: $3.60 )
This ended up feeding me, dusty and the boys for lunch AND I still had leftovers for dinner!

Also today, I used ALL $24.35 rollover on gas.  It KILLED me to use ALL our rollover on gas, especially since it only provided me with a little under a half a tank....

No comments:

Post a Comment