Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Awesome deals at the King soopers by my house....also DAY 15

I love Wednesdays, why you may ask??  Well, on Wednesdays the ads for this weeks sales get released.  Pathetic, aren't I?!?!?!?!?  Today, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the King Soopers a block from my house is having a GRAND RE-OPENING sale and let me tell you, the sale looks pretty awesome!  I would HIGHLY recommend you come and check it out if you are in the North Denver area. The location is 104th and Federal.  Some of the best deals I saw were:

Colorado Proud Milk: $1.69 (this is an AWESOME price considering I haven't seen it below 2.15 in some time!)
5lb box of CUTIES: $3.88...also there is a $1 off coupon in last weeks paper making this $2.88!!!!!
93% lean Ground Beef: $1.79/lb!!!! This is a STOCK up price!!!!
Post cereal (select varieties): 2 for $3  Captain Crunch/Raisin bran and others.
Red Seedless Grapes: $.88/lb great price :)

For my Organic peeps:
Organic Braeburn Apples: $1/lb
Horizon Organic Yogurt (32oz.): 2 for $5

There are many more great deals going on so head on over!  The prices are valid until Tuesday, April 12th!


DAY 15
After noticing the deals at my local king soopers, it was hard to not go and stockpile some of the items featured.  I did know I wanted to make my Homemade spaghetti sauce so decided to just pick up (1) pound of the 93% lean ground beef and after scanning my pantry knew I needed (2) more tomato pastes.  Since I do stockpile, I had everything else I needed to make the sauce. 
TOTAL FOR MEAT AND PASTE: $3.60  If I didn't have such a crazy day, I would have taken a picture of HOW much sauce I made!  It is amazing how inexpensive it was to make and it will last us a month!  I was also able to make dinner for a friend on bedrest, and jar some for another friend!

I also put $8 of gas in my tank.  Once again this made me irate!  Seriously, $3.49/gallon??  I was sick to my stomach for the whole 10 seconds it took me to pump my $8 of gas!!!!
TOTAL FOR OVERPRICED GAS: $8

TOTAL DAY 15: $11.60 (NO rollover today, and we used $3.60 of rollover.  Total rollover remaining: $2.20)

I also want to address one more thing tonight.  For anyone who watched the show "Extreme Couponing" tonight on TLC, I wanted to let you know my thoughts.  First of all PLEASE remember this is REALITY TV....most of these woman do not go on shopping trips like that all the time.  Second, although I do maintain a stockpile of things my family uses on a regular basis, the woman on this show are HOARDERS!  Please, please, please do not associate me with this.  I Donate items that we will not use and always pass my extras on to friends and family.   Lastly, if you are new to couponing, please realize that YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEND 6 hours a day clipping/organizing coupons!  For anyone that knows me, you all know I am a busy woman.  I have two wild kids, am active in my church, I work a part-time job, and By God, I AM A BLOGGER...LOL! (I had to throw that in there!).  I do NOT have even an HOUR a day to mess with coupons.  So please, understand that this IS extreme! 

7 comments:

  1. I sooooooo need your recipe for spaghetti sauce. GOOOD GRIEF - a whole month's worth for 3.60 - that's a great deal!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE the overpriced gas comment - It resonates with me...only I HAVE to get the mid or high grade because it'll kill my engine. U.G.H.
    From one blogger to another, I don't have time to cutting out coupons/organizing...and I'm WEEKS behind!!!!!....would you like to share your method????

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are for sure NOT a hoarder!!! I generally dont leave your house without you giving me toothpaste, deodarent, cereal, dish soap or something. You are just VERY giving!!! I love it and felt so good after my shopping trip yesterday. Cant wait to go again. THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I misspelled like 3 things in that last post, its hard to type with a wiggle worm in you lap, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate!

    Are the KS deals going through Sunday?

    I would love the spaghetti sauce recipe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanna~ Yes the sales are until Next Tuesday! ALSO, There is no "recipe" that I follow for my sauce....My grandma taught my mom and my mom taught me. You will all have to come over and watch me make it, that is the only way to learn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the new Extreme Couponing last night...wow, you are nothing like that! I want to save money for my family, but not live and breathe coupons! These people are a little too "extreme" I rather learn your methods,the practical ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did watch part of the show and I thought "wow, that looks like the hoarder show I watch." Glad to hear you are not like that. 62 bottles of mustard! What the hell would someone do with that except donate it. That's more mustard then I'd need in a lifetime. So I apologize for my comment earlier this week saying I thought of you when I saw the preview for the show. :)

    Love ya Kate!

    April

    ReplyDelete