Monday, April 4, 2011

3 major things I am noticing :)

Since starting this challenge, I have been noticing some major differences in our lives.

For example, we have not thrown out ANY food over the past 2 weeks.  Everything I have made, we have eaten till it is gone.  My husband is not a fan of leftovers, but living off of $8/day you quickly realize that you either eat what is here, or you don't eat at all! 

Second, I have lost 5 pounds since the start of this.  As my aunt Mary likes to say "I like my poor people skinny".  Instead of cruising through the drive-through, we come home and make something to eat.  It has been a HUGE eye opener to me on just how much of the "stuff" I eat is not necessary! 

Third and most importantly, my husband and I have been communicating much better and this month we were able to pay ALL our monthly bills with his first pay check.  This in itself is a huge accomplishment.  Instead of stressing about money and bills, we are actually LAUGHING about how much money we have to pay off debt ( we are currently doing Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover"). 

I realize that living off of $8/day is a bit unrealistic for some, but I would encourage you to look deep inside your soul and think about what is TRULY important in your life.  

Day 13 will be up later tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. You are very inspiring Katie, I am glad to have you as a friend! :) ~Maria

    ReplyDelete