Sunday, April 3, 2011

Days 11 and 12: $8/day challenge.

Sorry for the delay on posts, but we had a very busy weekend!  Our $8/day challenge was completely put to the test this weekend and I am happy to say that we stuck to the plan....for the most part :)

DAY 11
Saturday was Dusty's "basketball day" so he headed out with his friends to watch the games. I knew this could be a HUGE buster of the $8/day challenge, but he assured me he would find a way to only spend the $8.  He bought lunch with most of the $8 and also had drinks and put them on his running tab (his friend owns the bar).  HE TOTALLY CHEATED...but hey, i give him props for getting creative.
TOTAL FOR BOYS GAME DAY:$8

I put the boys to bed at my parents house so I could head downtown to pick up Dusty and go to an engagement party for Dusty's college roommate.  The event was held at some swanky club downtown.  They had V.I.P bottle service so the drinks were free ;).  I walked into the club and was instantly greeted by LOUD (understatement) music,  half naked girls (when and why did the 80's fashion come back??!!), and an abundance of drunken men.  At that moment I realized two things:  A) I am an old lady who prefers sitting on my couch watching netflix to "clubbing" and  B) if I have a daughter, I will NEVER let her out of the house...ever...  It was wonderful to see some old friends and celebrate the future wedding of a dear friend, BUT after about 45 minutes of trying to have a conversation (the music was SOOOO loud) I pulled my husband out and we headed home!
TOTAL FOR NIGHT OUT WITH THE MAN: $0  (I did enjoy a nice glass of champagne from the table service, it was DELICIOUS!

TOTAL FOR DAY 11: $8 PLUS whatever the heck may be on my husbands tab...punk!
(total rollover $3.60)

DAY 12
We had a wonderful Sunday as a family and enjoyed just hanging out together.  This afternoon we were honored to attend the wedding reception of one of Dusty's old b-ball players.  The reception was held at Cinzetti's Italian Restaurant and let me tell you, it was AMAZING!  The boys, Dusty and I had such an amazing time celebrating with Fox and his wife Mariah.  I did stop at walgreens on the way to the reception to pick up a card...we did give a monetary gift that I am NOT including in this challenge.  I will stick to the challenge for birthdays and other "gifting" but NOT for our tithing and for this in particular wedding gift!
TOTAL FOR RECEPTION/DINNER/CELEBRATION: $2.50 (hallmark card) 

As i was blogging i heard my husbands car pull away.  I was about to wrap day 12 up with a $6.50 rollover, until he walked back in with a bag from Burger King.....he is in BIG trouble!  I have no idea how in the world he could be hungry after eating just a few short hours ago at an ALL YOU CAN EAT ITALIAN BUFFET!!!  I am literally sick because i ate so much.  SO, i will add in his trip to the BK...
TOTAL SPENT ON A POINTLESS TRIP TO BK: $5 ($.50 rollover, total rollover, $4.10)

TOTAL SPENT DAY 12: $7.50 (rollover $.50 total rollover $4.10)

Tip of the day:  Accept and embrace your age.  If your 7 year old daughter can fit into your neon mini dress, PLEASE, for the love of God, do not wear it out in public :) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am impressed! $240 per month is a great goal, I don't think we could do it!

    ReplyDelete