Friday, April 8, 2011

A new dress=happy kate! $8/day challenge DAYS 16 & 17

Howdy all!  Sorry i did not post yesterday....the whole $8 went to gas...again.  So dumb.  With that said,
TOTAL DAY 16: $8 (total rollover $2.20)

DAY 17
Today I cleaned all morning and decided to take the boys on an adventure since it was so nice outside.  We went to a friends for a bit to play in THEIR backyard (it is amazing how just a change of scenery can stimulate little minds!).  I also made a quick stop in at Kohls (shhhh, don't tell Dusty!).  You see, I know I am on an $8/day budget, but by God a woman has to shop!  My birthday is fast approaching and I would *like* to have something spectacular to wear on my special day!  After browsing the sale racks and only finding bulky sweaters and "grandma" pants (no offense gram) my eyes lit up with excitement when i noticed a certain dress dangling from the 80% rack.  Could it be?  Could the dress I have been eyeing since DECEMBER possibly STILL be there, AND on sale.  Ladies, (since I know any men that were reading this have stopped) I desperately wanted this green asymetrical dress...and actually DID buy it.  It cost me $60.00 and the guilt of paying that much on something for me RIGHT before Christmas was just too much to handle (I know this may not seem like a ton of money for some, but to us it is).  I returned it a few days later, regrettably so.  I have thought of this dress many a day and daydreamed about wearing it to my cousins wedding, a night out with the girls, a date night, etc....But, all the fantasizing in the world could not make the dress magically reappear.  I knew it was forever gone.  UNTIL TODAY.  You should have seen my face when I spotted the dress, the ONE and only dress on the sale rack.  There was NO way that this dress could possibly be my size, or could it???  Hesitantly I picked up the dress took a deep breath and looked at the tag.  There, staring back at me was my exact size, I could not believe my eyes.  Even better than the size 0 (lol!!) was the price tag.  $12....YES, $12.  To make that sweet, sensuous $12 even better was the $5 off and 15% off coupons I was holding in my hands.  The dress is shown below:
I realize you all may not like this dress, but it really is adorable on ( or so I think).  I will be celebrating my birthday with this frock on and will post pics after the event!
TOTAL FOR MY MAGICAL DRESS: Regularly $60, on sale for $12
TOTAL AFTER MY COUPONS AND GIFT CARD: $3.43...that is correct, out of pocket I paid $3.43.  I WON'T be returning this one!

I threatened told the boys that if they were good all afternoon that I would take them to the dollar store to pick out a prize (YES, I bribe my kids).  After MUCH debate, they both decided to get guns that shoot balls out of them....go figure!
TOTAL FOR 2 BALL GUNS: $2.16

TOTAL DAY 17: $5.59  ( rollover $2.31 Total Rollover: $4.51)

On a very random side note, I would just like you all to know that I am doing something RIGHT now that I never do.  Are you ready....I ....am .....baking!  I just took out my first pan of cupcakes and they look AWFUL.  How can someone mess up cupcakes you ask......let me explain.  I LOVE to cook, but for some reason ANYTIME I bake, I ruin it.  if anyone ever asks me to bring a dessert, I bring my "famous" Rice-Krispy treats...because there is NO oven involved!  I thought it was my oven, but I just got a new range so that can no longer be my excuse.  Damn.  My friend who's birthday I am baking these for better REALLY love me!  I will post pics once I try and salvage these God-for-saken messes!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The dress story is great. That was definitely meant to be - your "reward" for doing so awesome with your $8 days! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! Way to go! -Lauren Tuesburg

    ReplyDelete