Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spending EIGHT with Kate!

Today started out a little rocky since we were up all night thanks to these crazy Colorado storms.  Thank God my husband woke up with the boys so I could sleep an extra 15 minutes!  He TRIED to do a nice thing by feeding them breakfast....unfortunately, he assumed they eat "man size" bowls of cereal.  I came down stairs to one empty bowl of cereal (his) and two OVERLY full tupperware size bowls of soggy cereal still left on the table.  I was not so mad about the cereal, but when I looked and saw the last half gallon of milk was gone, my appreciation turned into pissiness (my own word!).  Needless to say, we had to head out to the store to get some milk, blah.

We arrived at King Soopers at 8:45am and the kids insisted we get the fancy carts with the T.V. in them (really people, a tv in a shopping cart...??).  After a brief argument over who got to sit on what side, I quickly grabbed the milk and a red onion I needed for a future meal.  The boys were rewarded with a free cookie from the bakery (yes, I am the mom that gives her kids sugar in the mornings, judge away!) and we got out of there with no injuries or major crises, Praise the Lord!
COST FOR MILK AND ONION: $3.41

Next we headed to Starbucks for my reward :)  I brought an empty bag of coffee to trade in for my FREE tall coffee!
COST FOR MORNING COFFEE: $0

We then headed across the street to meet some friends  for FREE chick-fil-a breakfast!  Today's free breakfast was chicken mini's which my boys adore.  I did buy them a chocolate milk to share since they agreed to share with no fights (and they DID!).
TOTAL FOR BREAKFAST: $1.25

Our kids were getting a bit unruly in the play place at chick-fil-a, so we decided to take the crew to a nearby park before we got kicked out!  The kids played nicely and we only had two minor injuries.  After playing, the kids were hungry again, so I decided to tag along with my friend to get some lunch.  My friend Maria has 3 of her own kids (ALL BOYS!) and watches 2 little girls and her nephews during the week!  She is a saint!  Feeding her brood is expensive, so she takes them to free lunch at a nearby elementary school during the week.  Since Jack has been asking so many questions about school, I decided I would use this as a learning tool, and get some free lunch while we were at it!  My kids have never been in a school cafeteria so they were stoked!  The lunch offered today was either chicken nuggets or a hot dog with a banana, pasta salad, and a chocolate milk.  Although skeptical of a "school lunch", the food was descent, somewhat healthy, and FREE... plus I did not have to cook or clean! 
COST OF LUNCH: $0

Since we played so hard all morning, the boys were both tired and ready for some down time.  We had a nice afternoon, dinner was cooking itself in the crockpot and my laundry was DONE.  Could a girl ask for anything else????

TOTAL SPENT DAY 3: $4.66 (rollover of $3.34.  TOTAL rollover $12.80)

For all my fellow King Soopers shoppers, there is a new mega event starting TODAY that has some pretty good deals.  A few of my favorites are listed below:  In order to get the deals, you have to use your SooperCard, buy 10 participating items in the same transaction and you will save $5 instantly at checkout. The starting prices below assume that you are buying 10 participating items to get the sale price!!!

Colgate Toothpaste 6.4oz  $ .99
-.50 coupon (7/10 SS)
FREE! 

Reach Toothbrush or Access Flosser .99
- $1 coupon (4/17 SS)
FREE! 

Band-Aid Bandages 10-80ct $1.99
-.50 coupon (6/12 RP)
=.99 


 Kettle Brand Potato Chips 9oz $2.29
-$1 coupon (6/19 SS)
=$1.29 

Krusteaz Pancake Mix 14-32oz $1.99 (ONLY mix I will use!)
-$1/2 Krusteaz Coupon
=$1.49

Aunt Jemima ancakes 5.2-14.8oz $1.29
-
$1 Aunt Jemima Coupon 
=.29! 

SunnyD 64oz .99
-.25 coupon (5/15 SS)
=.49 

Kraft Salad Dressing 16oz $1.49
-$1/2 coupon (6/19 SS)
=.99

Wisk Laundry Detergent 50oz $3.49
-$2 coupon (6/26 RP)
=$1.49 


Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip 22-30oz $2.49
-.75 coupon (6/19 SS)
=$1.49 

Pepperidge Farm Bread, Bagels or Flat Bread 12-24oz $1.99
-.30 coupon (5/15 SS)
=$1.39 


Vitaminwater 20oz 
.49


Pop-Secret Popcorn 3ct .99 
-.50/2 coupon(6/19 RP)
=.49 (STOCK UP PRICE...we eat a lot of popcorn!)

There are other items included in the Buy 10, Save $5  Mega Event that are not listed here.  Be sure to check your store ad for all the items included!

  
HAPPY SHOPPING!!!  I plan on hitting up the mega event tomorrow.  I will be sure to post pics!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment