Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2!

This morning I met a few friends and their kiddos for brunch at a nearby park.  I was planning on making an egg bake to share, but realized I didn't have the correct cheese for the recipe.  As much as I wanted to go run to the store and grab something already prepared, I knew that was not in my $8 budget.  I calmly (ok, maybe not so calmly) racked my brain for something to bring.  With a little creativity and 30 minutes preparation, I came up with "Pigs In A Blanket",  breakfast style!  I cooked up some sausage I had frozen in my freezer and wrapped them in some pancakes I whipped up!  VOILA, easy meal that kids and adults will enjoy!  I also was able to freeze 6 extra pancakes for breakfast later this week!!!
COST FOR BRUNCH WITH FRIENDS: $0

I DID have to go to the grocery store for a few things for tomorrow.  I was not thrilled with my measly 48% store savings, even if I did only purchase 4 items. 
I needed Apricot preserves for dinner tomorrow night.  I wish they had a little jar, but this was the smallest I could find!  I snatched up a few banana's, 4 ears of corn and some Mango Lemonade that I am obsessed with ;) 
TOTAL SPENT AT GROCERY STORE: $4.26

Dusty and I were supposed to attend a baby shower on Sunday, but there was no way in hell I was taking my two little monsters.  Since Dusty will see the expectant couple tonight at his basketball game, I figured I would go ahead and send the gift with him.  Now, you may be thinking to yourself "how did you buy a gift with your remaining $3"?   Well, I did not have to buy a gift today because of my Stockpile of gifts.  I LOVE to buy things for people....I love even more to buy things for people months and months ahead of the time.  You see, as a frugal shopper I VERY RARELY buy anything that is not on sale.  When i find a smokin' deal I usually snatch it up.  I buy most of my Christmas and Birthday gifts off clearance racks throughout the year.  I also buy ALL kinds of children's clothes in all different sizes/genders/seasons.  Most of the outfits are purchased for less than $2 after clearance and coupons.  I also stock up on baby items like lotions, wipes, diapers, bibs, etc... when they are super cheap combined with a coupon.  Thanks to my stockpile of "stuff" I was able to put together an adorable gift bag for the newest addition to the Fox family!!
Included was a Plush baby blanket, tub of wipes, a baby towel and wash rag, Baby Magic baby wash, and of course a sweet little dress and bloomers (I will go broke if I ever have a girl :)  )


TOTAL FOR BABY SHOWER GIFT: $0 ( To give you an estimate of what I did pay for the items when I purchased them:  I paid $1.49 for the dress at a Children's Place end of summer clearance sale, .49 for the tub of wipes after coupon, the baby wash was free after coupon, towel free after coupon savings and the blanket was $2.99 after coupon and sale.  Total: around $5.....



TOTAL SPENT DAY 2: $4.26  (rollover of $3.74 ...TOTAL rollover $9.46)


Just to show you all what kind of crazy things I will do to save money, I thought I would share with you a picture from last Friday night.  It was customer appreciation day at Chick-fil-a and if you dressed up as a cow, you got a FREE MEAL, not just a sandwich :)  Not only did we get 3 free meals (YES, I too dressed myself up as a cow) but my boys thought it was SO FUN to get dressed up not on Halloween! 

That there is two little calves all ready for some free chicken!  There is no proof of me in my costume, so don't bother looking!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again, yay!

    And I totally want this picture of Jack and Luke! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete