Saturday, May 14, 2011

LONG overdue...DAY 21 and challenge wrap up!

LONG AWAITED DAY 21! 
I am sad and a bit dissapointed to tell you that ALL of my $8 plus my rollover was spent on gas....blah.  I must say, the whole $4/gallon of gas thing REALLY threw a wrench in my exciting challenge.  Had I known that prices were going to climb daily, I probably would have increased my daily allowance.  So with that said:

TOTAL SPENT ON GAS: $9.56 (used $1.56 rollover)

After living off $8/day for the past 3 weeks, I was somewhat sad to end the challenge.  I knew for my marriages sake that we needed to break from the frugalness, and with all the birthdays and company in town I knew that it would not be possible to live the same way we had during the challenge.  I must say though, I have seen a MAJOR difference in the way I spend money. 

Living off of $8/day was not easy and at times I wanted to stop the challenge and run out to the nearest store and pay FULL PRICE for something (gasp!).  Looking back, I am really proud of us for sticking it out, and working TOGETHER as a family.  I look forward to share more of my frugal ways with you all and hope that you will continue to check back with me on a regular basis!

 END OF THE CHALLENGE
 
~When you are living off $8/day, you have a hard time clothing your children....You also put them to work in the kitchen :)




Do you have any crazy ideas you would like to "challenge" me with?  Leave a comment and let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment